Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Valentine Tale

On the Friday before Valentine's day, my hubby text me while I was at work:

"Kind of awkward in class today. Got a huge kiss from a student. Didn't know what to do. Can't talk. I'll explain later."

What do you do with a text like that? I mean, don't get my wrong. Obviously, my husband is very attractive, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple Middle School girls thought about him romantically, but to actually act on feelings in 7th grade, knowing he was married?! I responded,

"It better have been either from a boy or at least on the cheek."

"no and no. I'll tell you more at home". . . Wow, by this time, I had relayed the texts to my student worker in my office, a senior at the high school. We both sat there and wondered how Scott dealt with the situation. Did he turn the student into the office? Did the principal come down to the classroom? What were the other students saying?

I stopped by the tanning bed on my way home and wondered the entire time I laid there what would possess a 7th grader to do that.

Upon arriving at home, I walked in the door waiting for the explanation I had thought about for the last hour and a half. My husband walked into our entryway with a huge Hershey kiss he got for Valentine's Day.

He thinks he's so funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs.....I just got caught up on them! I need me a blog but I am afraid of what I might say:) I might "vent" a lil much and no one, NO ONE would want to read that! Love you bunches adopted daughter...Moma Renee'