Monday, February 23, 2009

Long Overdue

Ok, so it's been awhile since we posted. Over two weeks to be exact. Wow, how time flies! Just a little update about what's been going on in the lives of Scott and Ashley:

- We had a delightful Valentine's dinner at a supposedly "haunted" restaurant in Waxahachie called Catfish Plantation. We were somewhat disappointed about not seeing anything near "haunted", but the carriage ride after it made up for it. It was just perfect. We finished the evening with our own chocolate fondue at home. Needless to say, 1st married Valentine's day was fabulous.

- I passed the 4-8 Generalist content test for teaching. Meaning, for those of you not familiar with the Texas education system, I can now enroll in an alternate certification program where I take classes on my own to become certified to teach. Once I complete the program, I will be certified to teach English, History, Science, or Math to grades 4th through 8th. I would definitely prefer Middle School English, but we will see if I get that lucky! :) This could happen by next school year!

- Scott bought me a bike on Sunday. He's been riding his while I walk very quickly beside him for my workout, and we decided it was time for me to get one! Our first workout was yesterday. I will say a part of my body is quite sore but not the part I expected. I believe the bike seat bruised my rear. It's ached all day long. Guess you get what you pay for when it comes to padding on a $60.00 bike from Walmart. Definitely buying a better seat before we go again!

- Lastly, our dear friends and neighbors, Danny and Emily Duran, had a healthy little girl today, Lille Grace. We are sooo excited for them and can't wait to see her!

Promise we will write more frequently, so every blog doesn't turn out to be this long. Until next time. . .

No comments: